Sunday, January 16, 2011

First things first...

I figure my first post should give you a little bit more background on Joe and I.

Joe and I met in January 2006 when I transferred from Appalachian State University back home to Virginia to go to school at Regent University.  When I transferred I needed a part-time job and I started waiting tables at Olive Garden (I can just hear you all now..."Oh I loooooove Olive Garden!  The salad is so great!") and Joe was working there.

We went on our first date before I was even out of training and the rest, as they say, is history.  We've been together ever since.  Above is a picture from very early in our relationship.

Joe asked me to be his wife on December 15, 2009.  It seemed like I'd been anticipating and waiting (not so patiently) for him to pop the question forever! But as it turns out it was the perfect timing.

Believe it or not, I don't have any pictures of us from that night on my computer, but here's a picture of my ring from our Engagement shoot.

So, the ring was on my finger and the planning thoughts were starting to swirl through my head.

This is where the planning process beings.  Our first step was the first step for most brides, setting the date.  That will be the topic of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment