Thursday, February 3, 2011

Inpiration v. Reality: Cake

I want to do a series of posts that show my inspiration pictures and compare them to the actual photos from my wedding.

First up:  Cake!

Fairly early on in my planning I happened up this picture of a cake and I fell in love.

My search for a cake design ended right then and there.

I was so blessed when it came to my cake.  A family friend who worked with my youth group when I was in high school makes cakes and offered to make our wedding cake as a gift.  I was so, so happy because she makes DELICIOUS cakes and they are very pretty.

I gave her this picture for inspiration and we decided on lemon pound cake with lemon filling and buttercream icing.

And on our wedding day she delivered the most delicious cake which was exactly like I pictured it.

Here's our cake on our big day:


So what do you think?  Inspiration and reality were pretty darn close, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Your cake turned out beautifully! It's great that you had such a talented baker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm getting married at The First Lady too-who did you use for your cake? Merrill's?

    ReplyDelete